Saturday 23 November 2013

Term 4 Written Language

WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
-    have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
-    have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
-    have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
-    have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
-    used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader

My Mum by Bonnie Carrington

Her name is Tania. She is my mum. She has dark brown eyes and she is a tall person. She has black hair. She is nearly as tall as my dad. She has brown eyebrows. Sometimes she wears sunglasses. They are wide and purple with a sign that says Blood and she wears them to the shops. Sometimes she wears her hair down at home too. She has hair like a panda’s - really soft. My mum is very nice and special because she helps me do things and gives me hugs. My mum takes me to places. She wears a black jacket and blue jeans with a black shirt. She tells me jokes that are funny. She plays Monopoly.

Feedback:
You have used some good similes and some adjectives in your description to create that picture about your Mum.

Next steps:
1.    Organise your description into paragraphs – what she physically looks like, about her personality/behaviour, and about her environment/belongings.

2.   Try to start as many sentences with different words as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment