Term 4 Written Language
WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
- have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
- have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
- have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
- have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
- used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader
My Mum by Bonnie Carrington
Her name is Tania. She is my mum. She has dark brown eyes and she is a tall person. She has black hair. She is nearly as tall as my dad. She has brown eyebrows. Sometimes she wears sunglasses. They are wide and purple with a sign that says Blood and she wears them to the shops. Sometimes she wears her hair down at home too. She has hair like a panda’s - really soft. My mum is very nice and special because she helps me do things and gives me hugs. My mum takes me to places. She wears a black jacket and blue jeans with a black shirt. She tells me jokes that are funny. She plays Monopoly.
You have used some good similes and some adjectives in your description to create that picture about your Mum.
1. Organise your description into paragraphs – what she physically looks like, about her personality/behaviour, and about her environment/belongings.
2. Try to start as many sentences with different words as you can.